Thursday 17 January 2013

The Story of The Woodcutter


  • The Woodcutter: Fatmah
  • The Woodcutter's wife: Hazami
  • Fairy: Thaufiqah
  • Narrator: Siti


Narrator: 
Once upon a time, there was a woodcutter lived in poverty. Often he had no food, no oil, no lamp, and no money to buy his wife's medicine. The woodcutter was very kind and very humble. He was the truthful woodcutter. The story began with a short conversation between the woodcutter and his wife. He worked hard to support his family.

Wife:  
Good morning honey, how are you today?

Woodcutter:
Thank God, I am healthy.....and I can work to earn money to buy food or us.

Wife:
(Uhuk.....uhuk.....*cough) This is your ax! Have a good day!

Woodcutter:
Get better soon, honey! See you!

Narrator:
He went to the forest peacefully. He sang a song with the birds flew in the sky, the water flew from the river, and the axe on his shoulder. Nothing can make him happy, unless he earns money for his family. It is his happiness.

Woodcutter: 
(Sing a song called "The World's Greatest")

Narrator:

He felt tired and decided to rest for a while.

Woodcutter:
I'll sit on the ground to rest or a few minutes.

Narrator:
But when he was about to leave his axe on the floor, he stumbled with a rock and his axe fell into the river.

Woodcutter:
Oh no! I lost my axe! The river is so deep, that I will not be able to get it! What am I going to do? How am I going to give medicine for my wife? 
"Sing a song"

Narrator: 
Then he just stared helplessly into the water, when suddenly a beautiful lady emerged from the lake.

Fairy:
"Sing a song"

Woodcutter:
Who are you?

Fairy:
I am the airy from the lake. I come out of the water when I hear a sad voice. What is wrong?

Woodcutter:
I lost my axe.It's in the water.

Fairy:
I'll get it for you.

Narrator:
The fairy went inside the water and came out with a silver axe.

Fairy:
Is this your axe?

Narrator:
The woodcutter thought of all the things she could buy or his wife if he sold that silver axe. But it didn't belong to him.

Woodcutter:
No, mine has a wooden handle.

Fairy:
Let me get it,then.

Narrator:
The fairy went again inside the water and come out with another axe.

Fairy:
Is this yours?

Woodcutter:
No! That axe is made of gold.It's worth more than mine.

Fairy: 
I'll leave it here and let me go again inside the water.

Narrator:
When the fairy come out of the water,she had the woodcutter's axe.

Woodcutter:
Ah! That is my axe! Without any doubt, that is mine!

Fairy:
Thos is your axe,but you can also have the other two. There are a gift from the river because you have told the truth.

Woodcutter:
Oh! Thank you!

Narrator:
And that night he woodcutter went home with his 3 axes.
(Woodcutter hugged wife)

SING A SONG TOGETHER

wife-woodcutter-fairy


-THE END-

1 comment: